Saturday, October 11, 2014

Archive 2012

June 21st-Day 4 training
posted Jun 21, 2012, 4:54 PM by Gina Becthold

Today was TEST day!  First we went to a facility to watch some gentlemen get their awards for helping train the dogs in class.  Then we set off to complete a test in a restaurant to demonstrate our knowledge of the policies and rules in these settings.  Finally we drove to a large mall and finished the Public Access Test.  We had to do all sorts of things like down/stay, come, down/stay (Gina walked out of side and Joy had to sit under a table and wait for her return), and "pass" the distraction portion too.  It is hard to ignore someone putting pizza crust 1 inch from your nose as well as strangers petting you, stepping over you, and rolling tennis balls past.  My Lab friends had a hard time with the tennis ball!  I did a wonderful job, if I do say so myself!  Hopefully I will pass my certification tomorrow and will be on the road to my new home in Iowa!